engineering

Tucson Green Data Center

Posted in building, city-tucson, construction, data-center, design, electrical-system, energy-efficiency, engineering, green-data-center, ibm, partnership, tucson-electric-power, unisource-energy on October 7th, 2008 by FrankM – Comments Off

IBM is a key partner for green data center development. …

… “IBM has partnered with Tucson Electric Power, a subsidiary of Unisource Energy Corporation, to build, construct and engineer a new energy-efficient data center. ” …

Via IBM: Green Data Center for Tucson Electric Power

Google Data Center is Significantly More Efficient

Posted in cooling-system, data-center, efficiency, energy-consumption, energy-efficiency, engineering, facility-improvement, google, optimization, optimize, server-efficiency on October 3rd, 2008 by FrankM – Comments Off

Google shares their insight and experience with efficient data centers. …

Google data center efficiency leadership

… “our data centers use considerably less energy for the servers themselves, and much less energy for cooling, than a typical data center. We achieved this milestone by significantly reducing the amount of energy needed for the data center facility overhead. Specifically, Google-designed data centers use nearly five times less energy than conventional facilities to feed and cool the computers inside. Our engineers worked hard to optimize every element in the data center, from the chip to the cooling tower. ” …

Via Google: Data Center Efficiency

Engineering Impact on Green Data Center

Posted in challenge, efficiency, energy-consumption, engineering, green-data-center, hp-hewlett-packard, impact, power-consumption on September 2nd, 2008 by FrankM – Comments Off

HP Labs engineers will focus their experience on solving energy efficiency challenges in the data center. …

… “Although Chandrakant is immediately focused on reducing IT’s energy consumption, which amounts to about 2 percent of the total, his aim is to tackle the other 98 percent as well. ” …

Via HP Labs: Mechanical engineers